The successful application developer will have demonstrable commercial experience in mobile application development and show an enthusiasm for technology and new challenges. Experience of other technologies such as .NET, Java, PHP or ColdFusion development would be highly beneficial. As a member of the team you will also advise others on best practice and programming advice and act as an internal point of contact for technical queries and advice. You will capture technical requirements from clients and work with a mixed project team of developers, designers and producer staff to ensure that those requirements are adequately documented and ultimately fulfilled.
- To work with designers and front end and project management staff to capture requirements for the functional elements of website projects.
- To liaise with clients and with other internal teams.
- To evaluate and communicate on a regular basis the resources, timescales and technical limitations associated with implementation with the project manager and with the client.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with standards and guidelines.
- To test and validate work produced as part of the development process.
- To ensure that all work carried out is well-documented, and that the documentation is accessible to relevant parties.
- To keep abreast of developments in technology and computing in areas pertinent to projects, the company, and clients.
Extensive experience in:
- Mobile development across multiple projects of varying technical requirements
- Android and iOS application development experience
Experience and skills required:
- Educated to degree level in a technical area
- An attention to detail, rigor and willingness to take responsibility for all work and code produced.
- Ability to work within a team and to apply systematic thinking to the resolution of problems in a highly creative environment.
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- A demonstrable willingness and aptitude to learn and develop skills.
- An understanding of business issues
- An ability to think about technical issues in a creative way
- An ability to work independently on the technical element of projects