Reading Room is an international digital marketing agency with offices in Singapore, London and Sydney. We currently employ 30 people in Singapore, and over 200 in our international offices. We design and build websites, we also implement content management systems, build mobile applications and do social media training and creative.
Our people stay abreast with the latest technology to ensure that our clients have what they need to effectively run their businesses with creativity, efficiency and reliability.
We wish to appoint an experienced Business Analyst to ensure the systems needs of the business are fully understood, and changes to systems and processes successfully addresses those needs in the most effective manner. The role holder will be expected to drive innovation and the use of technology to accomplish business benefit. In addition they will be expected to introduce business process re-engineering that focuses on best practices.
To succeed in this role you must be a self-starter and have a positive attitude towards learning technical, business and industry concepts.
• Effective business analysis and requirements creation
• Process design and business requirements document creation
• Tracking the solution requirements match to the business requirements, through to user acceptance
• Introduce innovative and creative thinking around core business functionality
• Re-engineer processes and adapt/adopt changes in systems
• Keep abreast of leading thinking around IT & process innovation
• Provide business analysis input to the project process
• Participate, in the analysis, design, piloting, testing and deployment phases of Reading Room projects
• Strong (business) functional IT skills
• Degree level or equivalent
• 3-4 years' strong experience within the web technology industry
• Minimum of 3 years experience of gathering requirements, systems analysis and design, system testing and implementation and of tools, techniques and methodologies to support these activities
• Experience of project and systems development processes and methods with actual structured business process analysis
• Ability to create technical specification documentation
• Proven experience/competence in gathering requirements and the ability to communicate technical aspects to non-technical individuals
• Self-motivated and able to perform duties autonomously with speed and accuracy, according to set budgets and schedules.
• Experience of presenting findings to senior management
• Experience of liaising with external parties.
• Experience in the use of the Microsoft suite of products
• Experience of running workshops
• Knowledge of internet business and technology trends
• Understanding of IT infrastructure and service delivery
• Conversant with different development methodologies
• Good knowledge of Application life-cycles
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English
• Business modeling and process design experience
• Data modeling and RDBMS familiarity
You will also be:
• A team player, fun, irreverent, happy to muck in, ambitious, passionate, honest, sparky, energetic
You will not be:
• Political, defensive, insular, egotistical
Reading Room is an award-winning, full-service digital agency with over 200 staff across seven offices in Singapore, the United Kingdom and Australia. We retain the feel of a smaller agency by operating as small teams comprised of staff with diverse interests but who are united in our passion for great digital design and strategy.
We have a very diverse team and we will offer you every opportunity to grow and develop your skills. We are looking for someone who takes great pride in their work. We are looking for someone with the right attitude that will fit in to our highly skilled team and have the same passion and drive that we have for every project we work on.