About the role
As one of the leading digital agencies in Sport, we work with some of the world’s highest profile sports tours, organisations and clubs.
This is an important role within Reading Room and we are looking for a leading force in helping us to extend our sporting ambitions and grow our key Sports accounts. Your focus will be predominantly football and membership in the first instance, but we have a strong roadmap for growth within sport that you would play a key part in.
You will be an experienced Account Manager, ideally with both a passion and deep understanding of sports, it's audience and culture. Proven track record of success in the sporting sector would be beneficial.
You will be responsible for:
• Building strong, professional and effective relationships with a network of contacts across your client portfolio so that you have the social capital to solve problems and generate opportunities.
• Demonstrating to your clients that you have built an in-depth understanding of their business, their needs and how we can add value for them through the service we offer.
• Ensuring that the needs of the client are sufficiently understood by the Reading Room team you will represent and that the solutions we deliver are in line with expectations and of a high quality.
• Identifying ways in which we can grow sales, revenue and profitability by generating opportunities to add value for our clients. You will build a solid understanding of the business models of your accounts and the commercial opportunities we can generate and convert.
• To occasionally work with the Commercial Director to win business from potential new client where your skills suit a new opportunity (around 20% of your time).
What would make someone successful in this role?
• This is a key role; you will demonstrate you are experienced and comfortable leading client services. You will have considerable experience of working in a commercial environment with a track record of success in growing client accounts while satisfying client needs and demonstrating value-adding outcomes.
• You will be expected to lead client engagements with confidence, winning the respect of the client. Your communication style will be clear, concise and strategic. You will inspire the client and account teams to take action.
• You will have experience of digital agencies with a broad knowledge of industry trends in website design, development and optimisation.
• You will demonstrate key competencies required for the job: relationship management; problem solving; oral and written communications; and, delivering at pace.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role to [email protected].