We are looking for an Account Manager to join the Client Services team at Reading Room in London.
This is an exciting role that encompasses account management, business development, management, consultancy and integrated marketing. The role has enormous potential, and it is the role holder’s mission to ensure that clients, colleagues and partners are happy by providing excellent advice and the highest level of service at all times.
The perfect candidate needs to have a strong grounding in the creative and communications industry and be passionate about digital. Alongside this, they will need to have the ability to manage multiple clients in multiple markets, be the lead on projects and have suitable experience on the production process for tech and digital.
The Account Manager will ensure all accounts are run efficiently and smoothly day-to-day and will build relationships with their clients based on trust and delivery. This will contribute to business growth through strong interpersonal skills by spotting opportunities and generating revenue.
The Account Manager fulfils an important, multi-functional role. Specific responsibilities include:
- Relationship: Key point of contact for clients’ day to day, including running regular face-to-face status meetings, writing contact reports and executing the action points, taking client briefs, and providing quarterly / monthly reports. You will need to be able to build strong relationships quickly with the client and internally as we have a number of big exciting projects in the pipeline.
- Leadership: Own projects fully, having a deep understanding of opportunities and barriers. Manage the day-to-day client communication and the wider team on a range of digital, print, tech and social projects.
- Production: Liaising with the Project Management team in order to plan and prioritise new work, manage timings and budgets, and provide regular updates to all involved.
- Quality Control: Ensuring that all final assets are delivered on time and on budget and ensuring all final checks on copy, imagery, Q&A and usage rights are internally made before presenting to the client.
- Financial Control: Meticulous management of financials including accurate quoting, regular WIP updates, POs and invoicing, as well as contributing to quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Account Development: Work with the Account Director and the wider team on the development and implementation of strategic communications solutions for each client, as well as business plan preparation to spot the next opportunities and generate revenue growth. Another fundamental element of the role is advising clients on how best to use digital and traditional marketing to benefit their organisation. This must be executed with absolute integrity, dedication, enthusiasm and with a genuine desire to help their organisation.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous agency experience is required;
- Experience creating client-facing, high quality presentations and proposals, crafting inputs from different sources into a clear, concise and effective output;
- Solid writing skills with the ability to write briefs and review work;
- Demonstrated experience in social, design and digital marketing;
- Demonstrated experience delivering integrated campaigns and websites;
- Demonstrated experience managing high budgets;
- Proven client servicing skills, including demonstrated understanding of how to manage and operate client accounts day-to-day, identify opportunities, manage client issues and ensuring excellent communication is maintained with the client at all times;
- The ability to effectively prioritise and work on multiple projects;
- Strong communications skills including the ability to encourage cooperation from others.
Key Company Objective
Reading Room has a clearly defined strategy for growth. The company is committed to this objective by retaining and growing existing clients, and by acquiring new clients.
Your contribution to achieve this continued objective will be paramount and we expect you to work closely with the account management team to generate revenue from existing clients.
To apply, please complete the application form hosted on our sister company, Fat Media's website.