About the role
Do you have experience in a bid management or proposals development role? Are you interested in the digital sector and how technology can impact business? A new opportunity has emerged at Idox Digital for you to join the bids and proposals team to work across our range of clients including public sector, b2b and brand accounts.
Idox Digital brings together two award-winning digital agencies – Reading Room and Rippleffect. We work as architects of digital change, helping our clients create new and effective systems suitable for the emerging challenges of modern business.
We help our clients develop business strategy; we build communication platforms; create content, and provide “design and build” services for clients across the UK. Fundamental to everything we do is a comprehensive understanding of the clients we work with. This client-centric approach is core to the way we work.
As a Bid Management professional, you should bring a minimum of 2 years’ experience working on the production and project management of bid documents and delivery of proposals. You will need to have a strong commercial awareness topped off with brilliant writing skills and the credibility to pitch directly to clients. This is a rare opportunity to suit an ambitious and highly organised professional. Someone who is looking for autonomy, and is ready to be accountable for delivery of their work and receive positive recognition for it.
You would be responsible for
This role provides bid support services to the Digital Consultancy business at Idox. You will primarily be responding to inbound client enquiries, putting together a compelling and targeted response and going out to pitch.
You will be involved in the coordination and completion of PQQ and tender responses, contributing towards improvements in the quality of submissions and ultimately the win rate of the company. You will be required to identify opportunities, research and understand requirements, and collate relevant information from team members across the company, to ensure that all submissions are accurate, articulate and complete.
In addition to tender responses, you will also be responsible for drafting proposals to meet client briefs.
Writing is a key part of the role as the ability to produce specific, clear and highly professional responses is vital.
The role is subject to tight immovable deadlines requiring a high degree of coordination, planning, multi-tasking and time management. The role may also require occasional working outside of normal office hours.
Excellent communication skills go without saying and you should also be able to build strong relationships with clients (prospective and existing) and the wider team members as you explore bid and pitching opportunities.
Working across multiple projects you will have daily interaction with a wide pool of people which will include Sales, Account Managers, Delivery Teams and Management.
At Idox Digital we’re passionate about what we do and would expect you to be likeminded, mucking in to bring the best out of your colleagues and not be afraid to challenge. You must be persuasive and confident when pitching forward thinking ideas. As Bid Manager you will work in a strategic and tactical way to growing our business with some of our key clients. Your client service skills will be fundamental to the role.
What would make someone successful in this role
- Ability to take a brief and assess the strategic importance of our delivery, giving weight to criteria such as quality of project, budget and business potential
- Coordination with team members across all company departments to help formulate responses, which will include effective communication with all team members involved in the bid and interaction with the team to offer suggestions, innovation and ways to continuously improve
- Planning efficiently to organise a bid review, and submission process and subsequent monitoring
- Self-sufficiency in Research. Write specific customer focused technical / software responses, producing a finished, polished response according to the bid schedule often working to tight deadlines
- Ability to use active and persuasive language to ensure delivery of high quality written communications. Proposal writing is as important as tender response in this team
- Maintain and develop internal relationships with other teams as appropriate for the effective delivery of the bid development service
- Maintain and develop external relationships with potential clients to ensure accurate bid information and intelligence, and to be able to anticipate change and/or new opportunities
- Adherence to current proposals and bid writing methodology to include updating, reviewing and maintaining tender support documentation
- Evidence of strong relationship management and influencing skills across professional and operational boundaries.
Additional desirable qualities
- A high attention to detail with excellent editing and proofing ability
- Strong English / literature / grammar skills, with an extensive vocabulary
- Highly PC literate (essential) including an advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to understand new technologies and terminology quickly
- Self-motivated, thrives in a busy environment
- Confidence in dealing with challenging situations, and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational skills with clear ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Able to use graphic software such as - Indesign
About Idox plc
Idox is the leading applications provider to UK local government for core functions relating to land, people and property, such as its market leading planning systems and election management software. Over 90% of UK local authorities are now customers. Idox provides public sector organisations with tools to manage information and knowledge, documents, content, business processes and workflow as well as connecting directly with the citizen via the web, and providing elections management solutions. It also supplies in the UK and internationally, decision support content such as grants and planning policy information and corporates compliance services. Idox delivers engineering document control, project collaboration and facility management applications to many leading companies in industries such as oil & gas, architecture and construction, mining, utilities, pharmaceuticals and transportation in North America and around the world.
The Group employs over 900 staff located in the UK, the USA, Canada, Europe, India and Australia. Idox has many offices across the Country and therefore travel will be required.
This post commands a competitive salary depending upon experience, along with an excellent benefits package.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role to [email protected].