You will work closely with designers, technical developers and project managers to build engaging websites and internet-based applications. You will have the opportunity to work on new technologies across multiple platforms.
Overview of the role
- Developing front end code on a variety of websites and internet-based applications
- Ensuring front end code meets agreed accessibility standards
- Ensuring front end markup is semantic and SEO friendly
- Direct engagement with clients, including presentations of completed work
- Liaising with other members of the project team throughout all stages of the project
- Ensuring your code is thoroughly tested and well documented
Skills & Requirements
It is preferable that you have experience of:
- Integration with Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, Kentico)
- Modern front end development workflows (npm, gulp, sass)
About Reading Room
Reading Room is an award-winning digital consultancy. We work as architects of digital change, helping our clients create new and effective systems suitable for the emerging challenges of modern business.
We help our clients develop business strategy; we build communication platforms; create content, and provide design and build services for clients in the UK and across the globe. Fundamental to everything we do is a comprehensive understanding of the clients we work with. This client-centric approach has become central to the way we work.
Our approach to work
We work in multi-disciplinary teams to avoid the conveyor-belt approach that is incapable of delivering the complexities of digital projects. We know that digital problem solving requires many different skills and mind-sets.
All our work is based on flexible, agile approaches. This allows us to build, release and test at rapid speeds, updating strategy and research with real-world learning ensures constant improvement to platforms as we build them.
As independent thinkers, we’re free to recommend the right solutions to clients whatever they may be. We are a technology agnostic agency with experience of working with a variety of open source and proprietary technologies.
How to apply
Please apply by email to [email protected]. Include your CV, portfolio (if relevant) and short covering note telling us why you’d like to work for Reading Room.
We do reply to everyone who applies, but at times we do have very high levels of applicants, so please do give us at least a few days to get back to you.
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the EU.