We are looking for Junior Project Managers to join our London office, to work with or manage multi-developer teams on enterprise-level builds.
The right person must enjoy the challenge of adopting and carrying out the right project management methodology to meet specific client requirements, Agile as well as waterfall, depending on client’s needs. You should have a keen interest in technology and software and the possibilities of the connected world.
Project Managers have a key role in managing the relationship between the business and our clients. Working closely and consultatively with a multi-disciplined delivery team, you will be the main point if contact with the client, so excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills are required.
Overview of the role
Junior Project Managers responsibilities include:
- Planning, executing and delivering assigned projects
- Creating and monitoring project plans
- Supervising different tasks in parallel in the quest of completing the project
- Ensuring flow of information from the project owner to the team
- Ensuring project documentation - timelines, specifications, risk logs etc. - are maintained to a high standard
- Working closely with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Managing the client relationship, with help from project directors and account managers
- Making arrangement for the project completion based on specifications of the project owner
- Suggesting strategies of achieving the project goal
- Keeping team engagement during the project
- Ongoing project reporting to both the client and the business
- Escalation of risks or issues when required to senior programme managers
Skills & Requirements
It is essential that you have experience of:
- Working in software delivery
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Good analysis skills
- Strong ability to give attention to details, as well as tested organizational skills
- Ability to be proactive and independent, and to be interdependent on the team
- Ability to get along well with all stakeholders
- Good documentation and communication skills
It is desired that you have experience of:
- Delivery of a range of small to large scale digital platforms and services using a variety of methodologies
- Use of project management tools, such as MS Project, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Project delivery in agile environments
- Ability to understand development challenges and translate into language that can be understood by technical and non-technical audiences
- Managing project budget and reporting financial results
Our Project Managers represent the business, and as such need to show confidence, openness, creativity, empathy, and a desire to innovate and create long term relationships with our clients, both as individuals and organisations.
About Reading Room
Reading Room is an award-winning digital agency. We work as architects of digital change, helping our clients create new and effective systems suitable for the emerging challenges of modern business.
We help our clients develop business strategy; we build communication platforms; create content, and provide design and build services for clients in the UK and across the globe. Fundamental to everything we do is a comprehensive understanding of the clients we work with. This client-centric approach has become central to the way we work.
Our approach to work
We work in multi-disciplinary teams to avoid the conveyor-belt approach that is incapable of delivering the complexities of digital projects. We know that digital problem solving requires many different skills and mind-sets.
All our work is based on flexible, agile approaches. This allows us to build, release and test at rapid speeds, updating strategy and research with real-world learning ensures constant improvement to platforms as we build them.
As independent thinkers, we’re free to recommend the right solutions to clients whatever they may be. We are a technology agnostic agency with experience of working with a variety of open source and proprietary technologies including Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Umbraco, Kentico and Sitecore. We have extensive experience of integration with third party systems such as Dynamics, Salesforce, SAP, and Sugar CRM.
How to apply
Please apply by email to [email protected]. Include your CV, portfolio (if relevant) and short covering note telling us why you’d like to work for Reading Room.
We do reply to everyone who applies, but at times we do have very high levels of applicants, so please do give us at least a few days to get back to you.
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the EU.