We are looking for PHP developers to join our London office. You will be working with multi-disciplinary teams on client projects. In addition to PHP experience and a passion for technology, a keen interest in adopting new development tools, methodologies, languages and frameworks will be beneficial for this role.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are required to contribute to discussion with internal and client teams.
Overview of the role
- Working on a range of small to enterprise level builds
- Providing clear technical advice to designers, front-end developers, strategists, and project managers
- Capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Contribute in the delivery of clear and concise requirements specifications
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process
- Ensuring your code is thoroughly tested and well documented
Skills & Requirements
It is preferable that you have experience of:
- Previous delivery of a range of small to large scale websites using PHP
- Experience with Content Management Systems and Frameworks, such as Drupal, Wordpress, Zend and Symfony or other PHP based CMSs is preferable
We employ front-end developers who specialise in the delivery of user interfaces, you will be working closely with a multi-disciplinary team, and should have a basic understanding of the following:
- Semantic HTML
- Progressive enhancement
- Front-end task runners
About Reading Room
Reading Room is an award-winning digital consultancy. We work as architects of digital change, helping our clients create new and effective systems suitable for the emerging challenges of modern business.
We help our clients develop business strategy; we build communication platforms; create content, and provide design and build services for clients in the UK and across the globe. Fundamental to everything we do is a comprehensive understanding of the clients we work with. This client-centric approach has become central to the way we work.
Our approach to work
We work in multi-disciplinary teams to avoid the conveyor-belt approach that is incapable of delivering the complexities of digital projects. We know that digital problem solving requires many different skills and mind-sets.
All our work is based on flexible, agile approaches. This allows us to build, release and test at rapid speeds, updating strategy and research with real-world learning ensures constant improvement to platforms as we build them.
As independent thinkers, we’re free to recommend the right solutions to clients whatever they may be. We are a technology agnostic agency with experience of working with a variety of open source and proprietary technologies including Drupal, WordPress, Kentico and Sitecore. We have extensive experience of integration with third party systems such as Dynamics, Salesforce, SAP, and Sugar CRM.
How to apply
Please apply by email to [email protected]. Include your CV, portfolio (if relevant) and short covering note telling us why you’d like to work for Reading Room.
We do reply to everyone who applies, but at times we do have very high levels of applicants, so please do give us at least a few days to get back to you.
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the EU.