We are looking for a talented, efficient and motivated Digital Communications Specialist to join our team of communications and digital marketing experts at Reading Room. The successful candidate will be based in our Bristol office, with the option of working remotely for part of the week.
This role will suit you if you are a confident and experienced communications manager or content strategist looking for an opportunity to quickly progress into a more senior position. We’ve created this new position due to recent growth in demand, so we’re keen to find someone who can hit the ground running.
About the Role
Reporting directly to our Head of Communications, you will sit alongside our other Communications Specialists in Bristol and be part of a wider digital marketing team.
You will be working with consumer, non-profit and public sector brands, helping them understand the communications needs of their audiences and designing evidence-based digital communications strategies.
You will also get stuck into day-to-day delivery work, such as content writing, managing social profiles, and running email marketing campaigns.
Your role will include:
- Conducting content and social media audits, workshops, audience research, and trends analyses.
- Helping to develop content and communications strategies and making recommendations to clients.
- Planning and executing digital campaigns involving content marketing, social media, and email marketing, as well as supporting the agency’s own marketing activity.
- Writing editorial content such as articles, guides, features, and social media posts.
- Developing creative briefs, working with our project managers and the Design team.
- Coordinating effectively with other members of the team and with the client, ensuring work is quality checked and delivered on time.
- Producing monthly reports and representing the Comms team on status calls.
- Providing consultation and strategic advice to clients.
- Mentoring team members and helping them to upskill.
- Providing input on proposals and attending pitches, when required.
As a confident communicator with at least 4 years under your belt working as a content strategist or digital comms manager, you will be well-versed in balancing creative and strategic thinking.
You will have extensive, adaptive writing ability (comfortable with B2B and consumer topics) and a proven track record in delivering multi-channel digital communications that produce measurable results.
- Hands-on experience in planning and delivering multi-faceted digital communications such as website content, social media, content marketing, and email marketing.
- Able to evaluate client situation then provide recommendations on communications strategy and tactics (based on sound rationale) that will achieve objectives set.
- A high standard of writing and impeccable attention to detail.
- Able to develop knowledge of specialist subjects quickly and adapt creative thinking to suit a variety of topics, interests, and sectors.
- Understand how digital communications integrates with and supports a marketing strategy.
- A confident communicator, able to convey ideas and plans to clients, internal teams, and senior-level staff effectively.
- Able to work collaboratively with other teams and individuals to develop effective solutions.
- Strong organisational skills and experience in managing personal workflow.
- Comfortable in developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Able to produce clear and concise planning and report documents.
- Knowledge of digital measurement, metrics and reporting best practice.
- Proficient in use of MS Office software and web applications.
- Up to date with current trends and best practices in digital marketing.
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Experience using social media dashboards and analytics tools.
- Worked within an agency environment.
- Experience writing creative advertising and brand copy
- Experience working with public sector organisations
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A salary sacrifice pension
- Free drinks on a Friday
- Free tea, coffee and juice
- Retail and gym discounts
- Online GP and wellbeing services
- Free eye tests and annual flu jabs
- A whole host of social events throughout the year
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
Please be aware that we receive a wealth of applications for our vacancies and if you have not heard from us with two weeks of the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful. If you have any queries, then please call us on 0207 173 2800.
We reserve the right to close this application before the closing date.