We're looking for a talented Digital Project Manager, with a keen interest in technology and software to bring a fresh perspective and enthusiasm to this client-facing role.
You can be based out of our Bristol or London offices, with the option of working remotely for part of the week.
If you’re looking to be part of a high-energy team, this is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to deliver exciting and innovative digital projects for our portfolio of ambitious clients.
Ideally the successful candidate can start no later than 3rd January 2023.
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Christmas shut down
- A salary sacrifice pension
- Retail discounts through our SAGE benefits scheme including cycle to work and reduced gym memberships
- Access to employee welfare support and counselling service
About the role:
Reading Room is a user and data-centric consultancy. The digital services that we create deliver value for our clients and delight their users because they are designed around the needs, motivations and behaviours of the people that use them. This focus on user-centric design is the key to our success as a digital consultancy.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, you will be part of a (circa) 5-person team working across multiple projects and clients.
You will get the opportunity to work closely with multi-disciplined, technology-agnostic delivery teams daily, and the ability to understand technical requirements and communicate successfully between both technical and non-technical team members is a must.
Under the mentorship of the Head of Project Management, you will have access to ongoing professional development and training.
We have a strong culture of learning, listening and development. We are looking for someone who will thrive in this environment and develop their own voice.
As a Digital Project Manager, you will represent the business and will be the client’s primary point of contact on all accounts you are assigned to. As such, the ability to demonstrate confidence, openness, creativity, empathy, and a desire to innovate and create long term relationships with our clients is highly important within the role.
- Managing the client relationship and providing effective service delivery
- Ensuring project documentation is maintained to a high standard
- Measuring and reporting on delivery performance and profitability
- Working with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Managing project teams and promoting efficient working ways within projects
- Working closely with technical teams to manage delivery via Jira, through refinement of requirements, management of sprints, and management of releases
- Ensuring that everything we deliver to the client is of high quality
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes, and working with the wider PM team to contribute to delivery practices
- Ongoing project reporting to both the client and the business with early identification of risks, and clear escalation of issues for resolution
- Running client workshops and training, where relevant
- The use of various project management methodologies and experience delivering a range of small to large scale digital platforms and services using a variety of technologies
- Use of project management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, MS Project etc.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand complex development challenges and explain to clients of mixed technical or digital attainment
- Understanding of commercial requirements
- Demonstrable experience in risk management and mitigation
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills to manage frequently changing priorities over several projects
- Empathy and understanding as well as the ability to listen
- Authenticity to build trust with both clients and internal teams
- Assertiveness and confidence to keep groups focused, the conversation on topic, the activities within the allotted time frame, and to ensure no time is wasted on anything that does not work towards producing a positive outcome
- Clear and precise communication skills to clearly articulate technical and non-technical requirements within teams, and ensure team members are given clear instructions to drive projects forward efficiently
- Willingness to adapt, be flexible, and improvise as the situation requires it
- A positive attitude and ability to keep energy levels high within teams
Application & process:
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
Candidates who we feel match the role will be sent a brief set of competency questions to enable us to shortlist candidates to interview stage.
Interviews will be conducted over two stages; an initial 30-minute chemistry interview followed by a 45-minute situational interview where PM-specific scenario questions will be asked.
Applications are open. We are not working with agencies at this stage.
Please be aware the successful applicant will be subject to a Basic / Standard DBS check and must have the right to work in the UK.