Due to new client wins, exciting growth, and very strong company performance in 2021 we’ve created a brand-new opportunity for a Digital Strategist to join our team. We’re looking for an inspiring, client-facing individual to spearhead the creation of impactful strategies that deliver results, bringing fresh ideas and opportunities to our ambitious clients.
Passionate and opinionated about all things digital, you’ll work collaboratively with our sector specialists in Communications, SEO, Paid Media, and UX to make plans, identify opportunities and shape the digital future for our clients.
We are Reading Room, an award-winning digital consultancy. For over 20 years we have been helping businesses solve problems and unlock value for their users.
A standout thread flows through all our work: we deliver bespoke digital solutions that focus on how people experience technology, bridging the gaps between strategy, design and technical thinking.
We use Agile processes and in-depth discovery, adhering closely to the principles of user-centred design. We are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re known for our candid, jargon-free approach to delivery.
Our culture is built on trust, collaboration, optimism, inclusivity and diversity.
Our impressive client portfolio spans public sector brands such as NHS, Health Education England and MHRA, to membership organisations like British Safety Council, Unite the Union, UK Coaching and The British Society of Haematology to charities such as Mates in Mind and ambitious commercial enterprises, including Savills, Royal Mail MarketReach, Countryside Properties, Hill Group, and Circle Healthcare Group (formally BMI) – to name just a few.
- Competitive salary – £45k-£65k DOE
- Flexible remote working arrangements, with the option for 2 days per week in one of our office locations (UK based)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Significant discounts on gym memberships and high street stores via Sage Benefits
- Christmas shut down
- A salary sacrifice pension
- Free refreshments
- A whole host of social events throughout the year
- Free eye tests and annual flu jabs
- Part of a wider group, privately owned, with over 350 colleagues and multiple office locations across UK, USA, and Germany
About the Role:
The Digital Strategist will be responsible for crafting digital strategies for complex marketing projects, injecting fresh thinking and innovative ideas to new and existing client relationships. With the support of subject specialists within our full-service marketing team, you will own the overarching strategic direction and digital activation campaign planning activities. You will also be in control of pitching and presenting strategies to clients with the support of an Account Director or similar.
In addition to owning the creation of digital strategies and activation, you will be the custodian of measuring efficiency and effectiveness across all channels, frequently reporting meaningful data and actions back to our clients for review.
As part of a bigger team, you’ll gain from significant collaboration with the agency’s digital specialists and Client Services team.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
- Championing Digital Strategy within the agency, keeping abreast of key trends and bringing specialist knowledge across our core digital disciplines: Communications, SEO, CRM and Paid Media.
- Working with the Client Services team to identify opportunities for growth with existing clients, drawing on the knowledge and expertise of our team of marketing specialists to craft compelling proposals that will resonate with clients.
- Leading on and owning the marketing strategy and digital activation in new business pitches.
- Being the client lead for key strategic marketing projects, overseeing reporting and analysis and presenting an integrated view of success at client meetings.
- Contributing to the thought-leadership profile of the agency by attending and presenting at events and working in collaboration with our Communications team on content pieces for the agency.
Inspirational and collaborative, you’ll have a winning way with colleagues and clients alike and your passion for digital strategy will shine through in pitch situations. You’ll be commercially minded and able to think on your feet. Your background in a similar role will give you credibility and insight. Your natural thirst for Digital Marketing knowledge will mean that you are informed and opinionated across the marketing mix, capable of shaping compelling, innovative proposals that provide solutions that respond to client needs. You’ll also have the charisma and communication skills to empower the wider team to open-up productive conversations with clients around Digital Marketing.
- Demonstrable passion for digital marketing with 4 years + experience in creating effective strategies
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A flair for pitching and winning client trust
- An innovative thinker, with a track record for affecting change