We are looking for an inspiring, client-facing digital strategist to spearhead our Digital Marketing services and bring new ideas and opportunities to our base of ambitious clients.
Passionate and opinionated about all things digital, you’ll bring a birds-eye view to our Digital Marketing services, working collaboratively with our sector specialists in Communications, SEO, Paid Media and UX to identify opportunities and help to shape the digital future of our key accounts.
We are Reading Room, an award-winning digital consultancy. For over 20 years we have been helping businesses solve problems and unlock value for their users.
A standout thread flows through all our work: we deliver bespoke digital solutions that focus on how people experience technology, bridging the gaps between strategy, design and technical thinking.
We use Agile processes and in-depth discovery, adhering closely to the principles of user-centred design. We are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re known for our candid, jargon-free approach to delivery.
Our culture is built on trust, collaboration, optimism, inclusivity and diversity.
Our impressive client portfolio spans public sector brands such as NHS, Health Education England and MHRA, to membership organisations like British Safety Council, Unite the Union, UK Coaching and FIGO, to charities such as Mates in Mind and Teenage Cancer Trust and commercial enterprises, including Royal Mail MarketReach, Countryside Properties, Hill Group, BMI and Circle Healthcare – to name just a few.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A salary sacrifice pension
- Free drinks on a Friday
- Free fruit and breakfast
- Free tea, coffee, and Juice
- A whole host of social events throughout the year
- Free eye tests and annual flu jabs
- Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
About the Role:
This role will be pivotal in driving growth in the uptake of Digital Marketing services with prospective and existing clients of the agency. The Digital strategist will be responsible for representing the Digital Marketing function of the agency at pitches and client meetings and will be expected to bring fresh thinking and innovative ideas to the table. Collaboration with the agency’s digital specialists and Client Services team will be a key part of the role:
- Championing Digital Marketing within the agency, keeping abreast of key trends and bringing specialist knowledge across one of more of our core digital disciplines: Communications, SEO, CRM and Paid Media
- Working with the Client Services team to identify opportunities for growth with existing clients, drawing on the knowledge and expertise of our team of marketing specialists to craft compelling proposals that will resonate with clients
- Leading on and owning Digital Marketing strategy and commercial positioning in new business pitches
- Being the client lead for key Digital Marketing projects, overseeing reporting and analysis and presenting an integrated view of success at client meetings
- Contributing to the thought-leadership profile of the agency by attending and presenting at events and working in collaboration with our Communications team on think pieces for the agency
Inspirational and collaborative, you’ll have a winning way with colleagues and clients alike and your passion for Digital Marketing will shine through in pitch situations. You’ll be commercially-minded and able to think on your feet. Your background in one or more of our core Digital Marketing disciplines (Communications, SEO, CRM Paid Media), will give you credibility and insight and your natural thirst for Digital Marketing knowledge will mean that you are informed and opinionated across the marketing mix, capable of shaping compelling, innovative proposals that provide solutions that respond to client needs. You’ll also have the charisma and communication skills to empower the wider team to open-up productive conversations with clients around Digital Marketing.
- Demonstrable passion for digital marketing with 5 years + experience in in one or more of our core Digital Marketing disciplines (Communications, SEO, CRM Paid Media)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Flair for pitching and winning client trust
- Innovative thinker with a track record of effecting change