We’re looking to recruit a smart-thinking, technically-minded, people-person to bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm to this client-facing role. If you’re looking to be part of a high-energy team, this is an exciting and rewarding opportunity. Working alongside ambitious clients, you'll shape the technical architecture that will deliver long-lasting, robust, digital solutions - adding real value to our clients.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
We’re Reading Room, an award-winning digital consultancy. For over 20 years we’ve been helping businesses solve problems and unlock value for their users.
A standout thread flows through all our work: we deliver bespoke digital solutions that focus on how people experience technology by bridging the gaps between strategic, design and technical thinking.
We’re not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re known for our candid, jargon-free approach to delivery.
Our culture is built on trust, collaboration, optimism, inclusivity and diversity.
Our work adheres closely to the principles of user-centred design; we deliver client work using agile processes and in-depth discovery.
Our impressive client portfolio spans public sector brands such as: NHS, Health Education England and MHRA, to membership organisations such as: British Safety Council, Unite the Union UK Coaching and FIGO, to charities such as: Mates in Mind and Teenage Cancer Trust to commercial enterprises such as: Royal Mail MarketReach, Countryside Properties, Hill Group, BMI and Circle Healthcare – to name just a few.
- You can be based out of our London or Bristol offices, or remote (UK); however, a willingness and ability to travel when required is essential to this post, as visiting clients on-premise is an expectation (subject to government guidance).
- You will report directly to the Managing Director and you should be prepared to demonstrate a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Technical Solutions, or client-facing Solutions Architect role within a digital agency.
- You must be able to demonstrate a track record in the successful technical delivery of (working on and in) complex, large-scale Enterprise digital solutions.
- Gravitas is an essential quality for this postholder. You must have the confidence and experience to deliver solutions to a C-suite audience in an empathetic client-friendly manner.
- You will be the go-to person for delivery of technical discovery workshops with external clients, presenting back, and accurately documenting your findings as appropriate. Therefore, excellent written and verbal skills are required for this position, as is the ability to simplify complex solutions to reflect the given audience.
- You will work as part of the Strategy team, alongside the Head of UX and Head of Comms. Your ability to develop trusting relationships internally, as well as externally, will be a key attribute you bring.
- You will form an important part of the team who respond to initial client contact, revert RFPs in a timely fashion, and play your part to deliver compelling new business solutions. Your role will also include the delivery of complex technical elements at pitch.
- You will work closely with the .NET/PHP Lead Developers and Tech Ops team (including Technical Director) to identify, architect, and accurately document technical solutions for new and existing clients. Reading Room works with a handpicked selection of the most widely used .Net and PHP technologies; therefore, experience across this range of CMS will be considered advantageous (Sitecore, Kentico, Umbraco, and Drupal).
- Reading Room is committed to delivering solutions using Agile methods. You will possess working knowledge of Agile project methodology and demonstrate examples where you have architected a project in this way.
- Reading Room has successfully delivered many Central Government and Public Sector contracts (including NHS); they remain key verticals in our business model. As such, experience of solutioning Public Sector projects to Government Digital Standards (GDS) and or NHS Digital Guidelines will be considered favourably.