Are you an experienced .NET developer? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work at an award-winning, innovative digital consultancy?
Are you smart, enthusiastic; and ready to help us architect modern, robust, and permanent software solutions? Then this is the opportunity you’ve been searching for!
With our head office in London, we also have offices in Bristol and Lancaster. We welcome applicants from the London & Lancaster areas, where our .NET Team is primarily based; and for the perfect candidate, we will also consider remote working conditions (UK-based only).
The successful candidate will demonstrate passion and commitment, bringing a can-do attitude to the team. If this sounds like you, read on to find out if you could be a part of our exciting journey.
We’re Reading Room, an award-winning digital consultancy. For over 20 years we’ve been helping businesses solve problems and unlock value for their users.
One standout thread flows through all our work: we deliver bespoke digital solutions that focus on how people experience technology; and bridge the gap between strategic, design, and technical thinking.
We’re not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re well known for our candid, jargon-free approach to delivery.
Our culture is built on trust, collaboration, optimism, inclusivity, and diversity.
Our work adheres closely to the principles of user-centric design; and delivers client work using agile processes, and in-depth discovery.
With a forward-thinking mindset, Reading Room has thrived amongst the chaos of an ever-shifting digital landscape – winning industry accolades and attracting ambitious clients to be part of that journey.
We’re now fiercely proud to be part of the independently owned Fat Media Group. The group consists of three independently run businesses – Ronin, an international research agency, Reading Room, a UK-wide consultancy dealing with larger or more complex digital requirements, and Fat Media, a traditional full-service agency based in the North West, focused on aspiring SMEs.
The Reading Room client base is impressive and includes well-known organisations spanning: central Government, blue light services, public and private healthcare, membership, not-for-profit, charity, and construction… to name a few. In recent times, as many agencies have contracted, we’ve seen an uplift in demand and requirement for our specialist services – with a number of new clients joining our growing family.
About the job
We’re seeking a .NET Developer who will complement and bolster our current team of talented developers. As part of your role, you will be expected to work across different CMS platforms and clients, translating user stories into professional solutions. You will be involved in both new projects and further phases of on-going projects.
You will get to explore new technology and influence our ways of working within our collaborative environment; you will learn from our existing team, while also being able to contribute your own ideas to help us progress and innovate.
We will support you in developing your skills and hope that you will help us develop ours. We are receptive to new solutions and love finding innovative ways of delivering modern software solutions. If you have something to contribute, such as new technology or a streamlined process, we encourage you to explore and share your ideas.
In recent times, we’ve won a number of new client projects. We are looking for a .NET Developer who can take pride in their work; who owns the solution and delivers an exceptional end product that we’re all proud to put our names to, and the client is equally delighted with.
Of course, to meet our expectations there are some key elements you must be prepared to evidence to us:
- Using ASP.NET, SQL Server and related technologies in a professional capacity.
- Working with Content Management Systems.
- Integrating systems using a variety of API technologies.
- Using source control, a robust branching strategy, and code reviews to manage builds.
- Delivering clean, testable, reusable, and maintainable code.
- Supporting those around you, with a focus on assisting more junior members of your development team.
- Challenging business requirements; proposing solutions based on your experience and ongoing research.
- Collaborating with designers, front-end engineers, QA testers, project managers, and other internal and external roles.
- Substantial experience working with one or all of these platforms: Umbraco, Kentico, and Sitecore.
In addition to a related university degree and/or professional training, the following experience will be beneficial:
- Working within a digital agency environment for a variety of clients.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all three of our .Net platforms: Kentico, Sitecore, and Umbraco, will be very advantageous.
- Working with agile project management and technical practices.
- Using AWS as a hosting platform.
- Configuring application hosting, including configuration of IIS.
- Implementing jQuery, React, Angular, or other modern client-side technologies.
- Working with the Atlassian suite of build and project management tools (Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket).
- Implementing automated testing.
- Using Docker for local development or production hosting purposes.
- Knowledge of Azure platform.
Get in touch
Do you like the sound of all of this? If you’d like to explore this opportunity further, then send us your CV and a paragraph telling us who you are, your accomplishments in .NET, and why you would like to work with us. We’ll be in touch.
Better still, why not share online repos or examples at the same time.
Applications are open now and the start date can be immediate.