About the Role
We are looking for a junior .NET Developer to join our growing Managed Services team. This role can be located in either our London or Lancaster offices and as a part of our 30 strong development team you will be able to develop your skills across a variety of projects and tech with mentorship and guidance.
If you are a natural problem solver who loves working as a part of a collaborative team with a keen interest in learning new technologies, this could be the perfect role for you.
The selected candidate will be expected to travel on occasion to work with other members of the team, from additional development departments, to client services and digital marketing.
You will receive guidance and support in fulfilling these roles and responsibilities as a part of your training:
- Work as a part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team to meet client/internal deadlines across as a variety of technologies and platforms.
- Proactively select, organise and manage your workload based on business priorities.
- Take ownership of scoping, planning and executing small to medium code changes and updates across client systems (with appropriate guidance/support). This will include managing changes in source control and completing website deployments.
What would make someone successful in this role?
We are looking for someone with experience of working with object-oriented programming.
Knowledge/experience of the following topics (this could have been learned at university as opposed to professional experience):
- Programming with C#/Java
- Web development with .NET
- Solution design and technical architecture
- Database systems/engines
- Understanding of source control concepts
- Understanding of UX/UI design
Additional desirable qualities:
- Experience with version-control systems such as Git
- Experience of continuous integration tools
- Previous experience working within a business-oriented environment
- Knowledge or hands-on experience of Content Management System (CMS) platforms
We employ front-end developers who specialise in the delivery of user interfaces, you will be working closely with a multi-disciplinary team, and should have a basic understanding of the following:
- Semantic HTML
- Progressive enhancement
- Front-end task runners
How to apply
Applicants should complete the application form, hosted on our parent company's website, Fat Media.