About the role
Reading Room is currently looking for Web Support/DevOps to join our Managed Services team in Liverpool or London to proactively keep the business operational and our clients’ web applications online.
Day to day duties include responding to monitoring alerts and ensuring SLAs are met, executing planned operations and preventive maintenance activities and working closely with the client to keep the systems up and running 24/7.
Key skills required will include experience in IIS, MSSQL and Powershell.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working on a range of small to enterprise level builds
- Promptly and adequately responds in case of emergency situations, including client communication
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of new and existing IT infrastructures, including automation when it makes sense
- Participate in all aspects of the project’s implementation including deployments, monitoring, alerts, escalation process
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process
- Strong windows infrastructure experience
- Windows System Administration as part of 24x7 on-call duties.
To be successful as a Microsoft Web Hosting Engineer, you’ll need to have had experience as follows:
- Windows Operating Systems (2008/2012/2016) to intermediate level
- Experience supporting Microsoft based web hosting environments (IIS, MSSQL, Azure)
- System Administration, with a good understanding of Active Directory, software installation techniques and image creation with tools
- Modern monitoring and logging solutions, such as Nagios, NewRelic, Splunk etc.
- Experience in cloud services, preferably AWS - Managing and working with AWS Cloud services as EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, IAM, VPC and SES
- Experience with MSSQL databases and web servers configurations, performance optimization, high availability, load balancing and scalability
- Good experience in database and web servers maintenance including backup/restore and troubleshooting
- Ability to setup and manage infrastructure applications (software patching and server management software, etc.)
- Considerable knowledge and experience in implementing, providing ongoing support and maintenance for server storage environments
- Confident with Powershell
- Comfortable working on Web applications – IIS.
Other useful qualities
- Knowledge of at least one Configuration Management tool such as Bamboo
- Understanding of automation techniques using Powershell, Jenkins, Ansible and other tooling
- Support of core values within Reading Room, for example:
- An interest in digital industries and in how innovation can be applied to improve the efficiency of the business
- Confidence in conveying your own ideas and initiatives. You should willingly exchange ideas with the team
- A focus on creating quality, targeted valuable work; and making things less complex
- An agile approach to work
- Composure under pressure; a team player and motivator to your colleagues
- Openness, honesty, and accountability for work that you undertake.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role to [email protected].