About the role
Are you looking develop your career in sales and within a digital agency environment? Reading Room's new Business Development Executive vacancy is a fantastic opportunity for someone like you to make a real difference to a growing sales team, and play an important role in assisting the Commercial Director and Managers in their roles.
With Reading Room, you will have a degree of autonomy and the space you need to succeed whilst being well supported, trained and coached by a brilliant team of colleagues across all your work. You'll enjoy working in a lively, ambitious, social, fast-paced and fun office, with a range of brilliant work perks from free breakfast, fruit baskets, pension scheme and social events to a Cocktail Club every Thursday. ...Sound like you? Read on.
Reading Room is a leading creative digital agency. We help clients from (Taylor Wimpey house builders to the Ministry of Defence) with their digital needs, building and delivering brilliant websites to mobile applications. This is where you could make a difference. We are looking to build our commercial sales team and need a smart Business Development Executive to help make it great. You'll play an important role in helping source and qualify leads and prospects, often making initial contact by phone. You'll also help with tender documents, attend client meetings act as a coordinator for incoming queries and help close wins. You'll be busy - we are lively 'do-ers' with a penchant for productivity; we want our new starter to share our appetite for success and join in our collaborative team spirit.
Put simply, your role will be to help us grow the business. Working across key areas including Sport, Arts & Culture, Built Environment and Automotive, your job will be to help accelerate Reading Room's growth across the UK. You'll have access to a great CRM packed full of contacts, but you are also encouraged to cultivate your own network and contacts. You'll be helping to sell and deliver projects based around consultancy, website design and build, web apps and mobile applications and working to build a host of exciting partnership projects. You will be an important contributor to our team and the completion of some really exciting work!
You would be responsible for:
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for helping drive the sales function of the business. You will be:
- A first point of contact for outbound sales calls. You will be working across both the outbound and inbound sales efforts of the business, helping to make calls and confirm meetings
- Assisting on large tenders and sales documents to be presented to clients. This is a varied and exciting role and needs someone who can think quickly and not be afraid to ask for help or question when unsure.
- The Business Development Executive will be office based, with potential travel to client meetings and event attendance across the UK. You may also be asked to spend time in our Liverpool office on an ad hoc basis.
To be successful with Reading Room:
- You'll need an interest in digital, websites and ideally come from a digital, content, media sales or creative agency
- You should be happy to work with limited supervision and be able to identify tasks to be completed without direct guidance, using initiative and judgment
- Have the ability to listen to potential client's ambitions and challenges, and relay your insights to the team so a solution proposal can be delivered
- You will be accurate and highly organised in your work, in note-taking and in updating records
- You'll be a natural relationship builder with initiative and influence, from whom the team can learn
- You will have good standard of English, written and oral, and always prepared to visit a client at short notice (presented to corporate business standards)
- Bring a positive energy to the team.
About Reading Room
Reading Room is a market-leading full service creative digital consultancy. We are looking to build our commercial sales team and need a Business Development Executive to help engage with prospects work with the team to win new business.
For over 20 years, Reading Room (the digital branch of Idox Group) has become recognised as one of the nation's most pioneering digital agencies. We have helped clients ride the wave of digital change and adapt to make the most of the opportunities ahead of them.
Our in-house team of 100 happy digital specialists now offers the full range of digital marketing services, including web and app development, digital strategy, social media, as well as both organic search and digital advertising.
Here are the facts:
- Founded in 1996
- B2B Marketing Top 10 UK marcomms agency 2018
- B2B Marketing Top 20 fastest-growing UK agency 2018
- The first to innovate the 'Playmaker' product, a bespoke and fully-integrated, all-in-one sports fan engagement product for Championship and Premier League clubs - if it doesn't exist, we create
- Creators of the first ever fully-responsive ecommerce store in football, for Liverpool FC
- Holders of Recommended Agency Register status
- Offices in London, Liverpool and Glasgow.
Reading Room has an impressive and varied portfolio of clients. This includes a group of major FTSE 250, prestigious government and Establishment bodies, as well as premier league football clubs including Liverpool FC, Everton FC and Arsenal FC.
We also work with big commercial enterprises such as Taylor Wimpey and Kingspan, ŠKODA UK and Freeview.
We work with clients to develop business strategy; we build communication platforms; create content and provide design and build services for clients across the UK. Fundamental to everything we do is a comprehensive understanding of the clients we work with. This client-centric approach is core to the way we work.
About idox plc
Reading Room's parent company, Idox, is the leading applications provider to UK local government for core functions relating to land, people and property, such as its market leading planning systems and election management software. Over 90% of UK local authorities are now customers. Idox provides public sector organisations with tools to manage information and knowledge, documents, content, business processes and workflow as well as connecting directly with the citizen via the web, and providing elections management solutions.
It also supplies in the UK and internationally, decision support content such as grants and planning policy information and corporates compliance services. Idox delivers engineering document control, project collaboration and facility management applications to many leading companies in industries such as oil & gas, architecture and construction, mining, utilities, pharmaceuticals and transportation in North America and around the world. The Group employs c.900 staff located in the UK, the USA, Canada, Europe, India and Australia. Idox has many offices across the Country and therefore travel will be required.
This post commands a competitive salary depending upon experience, along with an excellent benefits package.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role to [email protected].
Please note successful applicants will need to satisfy the BPSS guidelines (Baseline Personnel Security Standards) which consist of the receipt of satisfactory references covering the last 3 years of employment; an identity check; verification of eligibility to work in the UK; and a Basic Disclosure Check. This is in order to help us make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with access to personal and sensitive data.
Applicants available to start immediately are very welcome.