About the role
Reading Room is looking for able Project Managers to join our Liverpool or Lancaster office, to work with or manage multi-developer teams in delivery of services to our clients.
We are looking for talented people, with Digital project experience, who enjoy the challenge of choosing and applying the right project management methodology to meet specific client requirements. You should have a keen interest in technology and software - with all the possibilities of the connected world.
Project Managers have a key role in managing the relationship between the business and our clients. Working closely and consultatively with a multi-disciplined delivery team, you will be the main point of contact with the client, so excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills are required.
Project Managers’ responsibilities include:
- Managing the client relationship and providing effective service delivery
- Ensuring project documentation - timelines, specifications, risk logs etc. - are maintained to a high standard
- Measuring and reporting on delivery performance
- Working closely with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Producing clear and concise requirements specifications
- Pro-actively identifying, communicating, and addressing risks throughout the delivery process
- Creating and maintaining granular delivery plans and providing accurate estimations for build tasks
- Running client workshops
- Ensuring that everything we deliver to the client, whether a product of project governance, or software is of high quality
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes
- Ongoing project reporting to both the client and the business with early identification of risks, and clear escalation of issues for resolution.
Our Project Managers represent the business, and as such need to show confidence, openness, creativity, empathy, and a desire to innovate and create long term relationships with our clients, both as individuals and organisations.
What would make someone successful in this role?
To join, you’ll need to have already had experience in:
- Delivery of a range of small to large scale digital platforms and services using a variety of methodologies
- Use of project management tools, such as MS Project, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Working in software delivery
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand complex development challenges the explain to clients of mixed technical or digital attainment
- Understanding of commercial requirements.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role to [email protected].