We're searching for an experienced Delivery Lead to join our talented team. This role is pivotal in driving successful project outcomes, delivering quality solutions, and enhancing our service offerings.
£50,000-£60,000, depending on experience
We are Reading Room: an award-winning digital consultancy. For over 20 years, we’ve been delivering bespoke digital solutions for our clients that focus on how people experience technology and bridge the gap between strategic, design, and technical thinking.
We’ve recently adopted a “Squads” approach, and as a Delivery Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing projects within our Umbraco squad: guiding projects from inception to completion, and ensuring the team's alignment with project goals, timelines, and quality standards.
You will have the opportunity to shape our technological trajectory and influence our work methodologies within your Squad. You'll be working in an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas and learning between Squads. We’re looking for an individual who is excited about contributing their own perspectives and process improvement ideas to foster success within our Squads-based approach.
In addition to managing the projects delivered by the Squad, you'll also be developing and nurturing relationships with our valued clients, ensuring their expectations are met and exceeded.
About You (You don’t need to tick all the boxes to be considered, so please do still apply if you have most of what we’re looking for)
This is a strategic hire for us. We're on the lookout for a top-tier professional who can significantly contribute to our team's capabilities.
We’re seeking someone with proven experience in leading large-scale projects, possessing a deep commitment to delivering high-quality solutions. You have a history of closely collaborating with internal teams and clients to meet and exceed expectations for growth and development.
Ideally, you will have Umbraco experience to match the projects being delivered through the Squad. However, we’re also keen on finding someone who can demonstrate technical knowledge and a willingness to learn if they aren't experienced with Umbraco.
With numerous new projects underway, we're aiming to grow our team with a professional who can navigate these dynamic landscapes and enhance our existing capabilities.
- Extensive experience in project management within the digital space
- Comprehensive understanding of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage remote and distributed teams, and contract resources, towards timely and successful project delivery
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Resilience and strong problem-solving skills in dealing with project challenges
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of how projects contribute to business objectives
- Experience managing estimation sessions, planning projects to a budget, and effective resource allocation
- Proficiency in project management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, and Smartsheet/Microsoft Project
The following would also be desirable:
- Experience within a digital agency setting
- Project Management/Agile certification e.g. Certified Scrum Master, PRINCE2
- Understanding of risk management and quality assurance control
- Familiarity with user experience (UX) principles and processes, accessibility and compliance standards, and SEO and analytics considerations for digital projects
Welcome to the home of the down-right inquisitive.
Reading Room is a user-led, data-centric consultancy. Fundamentally understanding users’ needs, motivation and behaviours in relation to our clients’ products and service is the key to success.
We help all kinds of passionate brands and organisations to realise their digital ambitions. And, as an 80-strong team of digital specialists across London, Bristol and the North West, we cover the whole caboodle – from the deep dive and digital strategy, right through to the design, technology and communications that define how customers feel and interact.
We are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re well known for our candid, jargon-free approach to delivery.
Our work adheres closely to the principles of user-centric design and delivers client work using agile processes, and in-depth discovery.
Reading Room’s existing client base is impressive, including well-known organisations spanning; central Government, blue light services, public and private healthcare, membership, not-for-profit, charity, and construction… to name a few. In recent times, we’ve seen an uplift in demand and requirement for our specialist services, with a number of new clients joining our growing portfolio.
We’re now proud to be part of the independently owned Rippleffect Group (formerly Fat Media Group), alongside our sister companies: RONIN International, a research consultancy which is providing an even bigger toolbox for clients to collect data, understand their customer and scale up in other countries, and Fat Media, experts in digital marketing & websites for growth focused businesses.
What we offer…
- Flexible working
- Personal development, learning and progression opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Access to Sage Benefits package - including significant discounts across a range of retailers and gyms, and access to free mental health services, online GP, and financial and legal advice & support
We are currently reviewing our benefits offering and considering new ways to provide value and support to our colleagues.
How to apply…
If you like the sound of all this, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV, and a paragraph or two, outlining why think you’d be a great fit for the role:
We are not working with agencies at this stage.
Given the nature of the business and our clients’ requirements, any job offers issued will be conditional upon the return of a satisfactory basic DBS check and employment references.
Reading Room & Rippleffect Group is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and everyone we work with, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.