Information architecture is the structural design of information and interactive services for users, which allows them to reach a desired outcome. It includes the navigation, search, taxonomies, fixed and dynamic content structure.
Defining and structuring relationships between content
Information Architecture (IA) is often associated with site menus and navigation and is a strategic plan for the structure of information and content on your website. It’s how users will be able to discover and navigate your content.
Both new and existing web applications benefit from the creation and revision of their IA in a user-centric way.
Our process includes:
- A Card sort study report and recommendations
- User testing of a proposed navigation tree
- An Information Architecture report to include:
- Labelling recommendations for top-level navigation
- Suggested structure for content
- Metadata summary and content model
- Taxonomy recommendations for tagging content
- Search indexing, faceting, weighting recommendations and interface design