Digital Project Manager
Digital Project Manager
We're looking for a talented Digital Project Manager, with a keen interest in technology and software to bring a fresh perspective and enthusiasm to this client-facing role.
Bristol/London, Hybrid/UK Remote
£30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
We are Reading Room: an award-winning digital consultancy. For over 20 years, we’ve been delivering bespoke digital solutions for our clients that focus on how people experience technology and bridge the gap between strategic, design, and technical thinking.
If you’re looking to be part of a high-energy team, this is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to deliver exciting and innovative digital projects for our portfolio of ambitious clients.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, you will be part of a c5-person team working across multiple projects and clients. You will get the opportunity to work closely with multi-disciplined, technology-agnostic delivery teams daily, and the ability to understand technical requirements and communicate successfully between both technical and non-technical team members is a must.
Under the mentorship of the Head of Project Management, you will have access to ongoing professional development and training. We have a strong culture of learning, listening and development. We are looking for someone who will thrive in this environment and develop their own voice.
You can be based out of our Bristol or London offices, working on a hybrid basis.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Managing the client relationship and providing effective service delivery
- Ensuring project documentation is maintained to a high standard
- Measuring and reporting on delivery performance and profitability
- Working with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Managing project teams and promoting efficient working ways within projects
- Working closely with technical teams to manage delivery via Jira, through refinement of requirements, management of sprints, and management of releases
- Ensuring that everything we deliver to the client is of high quality
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes, and working with the wider PM team to contribute to delivery practices
- Ongoing project reporting to both the client and the business with early identification of risks, and clear escalation of issues for resolution
- Running client workshops and training, where relevant
About You (You don’t need to tick all the boxes to be considered, so please do still apply if you have most of what we’re looking for)
As a Digital Project Manager, you will represent the business and will be the client’s primary point of contact on all accounts you are assigned to. As such, the ability to demonstrate confidence, openness, creativity, empathy, and a desire to innovate and create long term relationships with our clients is highly important within the role.
- The use of various project management methodologies and experience delivering a range of small to large scale digital platforms and services using a variety of technologies
- Use of project management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, MS Project etc.
- Ability to understand complex development challenges and explain to clients of mixed technical or digital attainment
- Understanding of commercial requirements
- Demonstrable experience in risk management and mitigation
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills to manage frequently changing priorities over several projects
- Empathy and understanding as well as the ability to listen
- Authenticity to build trust with both clients and internal teams
- Assertiveness and confidence to keep groups focused, conversation on topic, and activities within the allotted time frame,
- Clear and precise communication skills to clearly articulate technical and non-technical requirements within teams, and give clear instructions to drive projects forward efficiently
- Willingness to adapt, be flexible, and improvise as the situation requires it
- A positive attitude and ability to keep energy levels high within teams
Welcome to the home of the down-right inquisitive.
Reading Room is a user-led, data-centric consultancy. Fundamentally understanding users’ needs, motivation and behaviours in relation to our clients’ products and service is the key to success.
We help all kinds of passionate brands and organisations to realise their digital ambitions. And, as an 80-strong team of digital specialists across London, Bristol and the North West, we cover the whole caboodle – from the deep dive and digital strategy, right through to the design, technology and communications that define how customers feel and interact.
We are not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re well known for our candid, jargon-free approach to delivery.
Our work adheres closely to the principles of user-centric design and delivers client work using agile processes, and in-depth discovery.
Reading Room’s existing client base is impressive, including well-known organisations spanning; central Government, blue light services, public and private healthcare, membership, not-for-profit, charity, and construction… to name a few. In recent times, we’ve seen an uplift in demand and requirement for our specialist services, with a number of new clients joining our growing portfolio.
We’re now proud to be part of the independently owned Rippleffect Group (formerly Fat Media Group), alongside our sister companies: RONIN International, a research consultancy which is providing an even bigger toolbox for clients to collect data, understand their customer and scale up in other countries, and Fat Media, experts in digital marketing & websites for growth focused businesses.
What we offer…
- Flexible working
- Personal development, learning and progression opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Workplace Nursery Scheme
- Access to Sage Benefits package - including significant discounts across a range of retailers and gyms, and access to free mental health services, online GP, and financial and legal advice & support
We are currently reviewing our benefits offering and considering new ways to provide value and support to our colleagues.
How to apply…
If you like the sound of all this, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV and a short paragraph outlining why think you’d be a great fit for the role:
What to expect from the interview process: the first stage will be an 30-minute introductory call for you and us to find out a bit more about each other and consider if it could be the right opportunity for you and your skills, followed by a 45-minute situational interview where PM-specific scenario questions will be asked. There may be a final stage to meet with the Operations Director and/or another team member.
We are not working with agencies at this stage.
Given the nature of the business and our clients’ requirements, any job offers issued will be conditional upon the return of a satisfactory basic DBS check and employment references.
Reading Room & Rippleffect Group is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and everyone we work with, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
what you get
Everyone in our team has access to these as standard and we're continually looking for new ways to provide extra values to our colleagues.